Monday, March 26, 2012

DIY : Original Place Cards

A few days before Easter, and before the wedding season startshere is a little tutorial to help you create original place cards !

These place cards aren't simply put on the table or on the guests plate, but directly attached to their glass stem.


The image above is the model I used for my wedding.
("Il était une fois..." means "Once upon a time...")


The "professional" method with printing :

1) I used Paint Shop Pro (it's the same with Photoshop) to apply my text in the roundness of the heart.
2) I customized each heart with the name of each guest.
3) Finally I printed it on glossy gold paper.
4) I cut each heart on its contours and on the center circle. To make it, I create a small slot that connects the circle with the "V" of the heart.
5) So, I can slide the place card on the stem of each glass.


Hand-crafted method :
This method has the advantage of not requiring any software or printer ! So, it is good to use for small parties.

1) Cut out the pattern of the chosen shape in a sheet of cardstock. Don't forget to draw a central circle to insert the place card on the stem of the glass (like the previous method).
2) Use the pattern to trace the outline of the shape on the chosen paper according to the decorative theme.
3) Cut each place card following its outlines (and its central circle).
4) Write, with a marker or a glitter pen, the name of each guest.
5) Place each place card on the stem of the glass of each guest.


Bonus :
If you wish to create a star but you don't know how to draw one perfectly, here's a little explanation I found in Pinterest (I must confess I haven't tested it yet).


For Easter, you could create shapes of chicks, rabbit heads, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment