Saturday, March 17, 2012

DIY : A Heart of Frames


With the success of my decorative project on my old blog, I tought I had to republish it today on Raspberry Ju[ice].

This is a February 2010 post, when we moved into our current apartment.


While Jack deals with "man's work" (just to flatter him !), I take care of the decoration of the main room. I chose to "define" the dining area by painting the walls in taupe. The result is very pretty but a bit dark, so I decide to do a white project to remind the other walls...


First idea : Put stickers on our large white closet doors.


2nd idea : Create a personal decoration on our taupe wall.
The idea, I found it on this Marie Claire magazine...

... and then I adapted it !


How to do it ???

1) Buy 36 frames of the same size (and as many frame ties, of course !).
For my part, I found cheap frames from Ikea (RAM by 3, in pine).
2) Paint the frames in the chosen color.

3) Draw, on a large sheet of very thin paper, a sketch of our heart.
I used a roll of gift wrap that I had since Christmas, and on the reverse side, using a frame as a model (by tracing its outline), Idrew the location of all my frames. Be careful to respect the symmetry !
Hang the drawing on the wall where you want to bring up the heart.

4) Nail down !!!
Nail through the paper to respect our sketch.

5) Tear the paper up !
That's why it's very important to choose very thin paper ! I had no trouble because my paper was already beginning to tear itself...
Even if we need to evacuate all the stress in this stage, don't pull the paper as a crazy girl :)

6) It only remains to install the frames and place your favorite photos...


So ? What do you think of it ?
Feel free to ask me your questions !

No comments:

Post a Comment