Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DIY : Flag Garland


I'm still in the process of decorating the nursery of our future baby.

Because the walls have to stay white, we had to find other ways to color the room...
A few days ago, I showed you my paper globes (tuto here). Today, I wanted to decorate the long white wall with a flag garland.



How to make it ?

1) Choose assorted papers
My curtains are white with blue, green and orange polka dots. So I tried to find these colors in the papers I have selected.
As for the paper globes, I use cardstock because their thickness is perfect for this project.

2) Prepare the pattern
I chose to draw 17cm (6,7'') triangles , extended on the top by a small border of 1cm (0,4'') wide.

3) Cut out as many flags as desired
Because my wall is very large, I made 22 flags.

4) Use a string, thread or tape to connect the flags together
Several options are available. I noticed that many tutorials advise the sewing machine. As I didn't like this idea, because I think the thread is too fragile to really hold the flags together, I chose to use white string.

5) Make 2 holes in each flag at 1,5cm from the edge (the dotted line on the pattern above) with a needle or compass.

6) Put the string through the holes to let the thread visible on the front of the flag.

7) Continue with the other flags... or choose to integrate a little item between each flag.
I chose buttons.

8) Stretch the string for a better result.




No comments:

Post a Comment